Wednesday 11 April 2012

Things and Stuff


Hope there’s Someone
Who’ll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I’m tired
There’s a ghost on the horizon
When I go to bed
How can I fall asleep
How will I rest my head
Oh I’m scared of the middle place
Between light and nowhere
I don’t want to be the one
Left in there, left in there
(Hope There’s Someone by Anthony and the Johnsons)

Everything we do has to mean something, because it’s all so short. The world that we find ourselves placed in is so fleeting and yet furiously fast. We are all trying to keep up and live as well as we possibly can because it will stop. We know this as humans, we are so conscious and aware of it.
So what is the meaning of life?
Surely it can’t be the daily toil simply to be a cog in a machine that we didn’t choose or are responsible for?
No, we work so we can have things, or to provide things. As humans we are so uniquely obsessed with things or stuff.
Things and stuff are worrying to me, because they don’t make us truly happy. For a short while they entertain us, distract us and keep us going. They never make us happy though. The society we find ourselves in, will try to make us believe that stuff will make us happy but deep down we know that... 
Things and stuff are the saddest party we ever went to. 
I believe true happiness is found in meaning. To know that our lives mean something, something bigger than the world we find ourselves in. Meaning that is spiritual and unchangeable; something that will stand the test of time. 
For me this is true Art: The Art of Meaning.
It is found in Love
                     Understanding
                     Peace
                     Courage.
The world today will try and prevent us from reaching this Art. We are all human and we all mean something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment